Mission and Vision
The Office of Student and Affairs (OSA) in collaboration with the different colleges, units and external campuses, is committed to facilitate the integral development students to become self-directed individuals,capable of facing a globally competitive world. equip human with moral values and responsive to the needs of others.
In the pursuit of its vision the OSA shall:
- Organize leadership and training programs for the development of students’ self-confidence, discovery of their strengths and weaknesses so that they may become productive individuals not only in their own personal and professional lives but also as committed citizens of the country.
- Establish local, national and international linkages with other institutions/ agencies for leadership trainings, cultural, literary and artistic activities, ecological projects, gender-sensitivity trainings and seminars.
Goals and Objectives
- To plan student leadership programs and maximize the use of existing services in developing democratic skills among its students.
- To organize leadership and training programs in collaboration with the different student government councils to help students develop self-confidence, discover their strengths and weaknesses so that they may become productive individuals in their own personal and professional lives.
- To provide financial help through scholarship programs and student labor.
- To function as integrator of both the students’ and institution’s interests and ultimate goals.
- To establish local, national, and international linkages with other institutions/agencies through leadership trainings, cultural, literary and artistic activities, ecological projects, gender-sensitivity trainings and seminars, etc.
- To establish a dynamic and person-oriented Guidance Services and programs focusing on students’ needs and concerns to improve their quality of life.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment complete with opportunities for students to develop their skills needed for optimum learning in the university.
- To develop students’ sincere concern for their community and to encourage them to sponsor projects for its improvement.
- To generate students’ awareness of local and global problems so that they can address them in acceptable ways.
- To help students become good citizens of the country and of the world.