The Management Information Systems Office of West Visayas State University was established in response to the growing information and computerization needs of both the academic and administrative units of the University, with full understanding that such services effectively and efficiently responds to the requirements of and in harmony with the University’s vision, mission, goals, and plans. The Information Systems Strategic Plan of the University (2006-2008), which serves the basis of the MIS Office for ICT thrusts, organizational structure, programs and projects, was approved by the Board of Regents by virtue of Resolution No. 58-2005, during the 125th BOR (Regular) Meeting on 13 September 2005.
Mr. Louie F. Cervantes
Director, MIS Office
Tel: (033) 320-0870 to 78 loc 1163
The Management Information Systems Office has the following functions:
- Supervises and coordinates the development, installation and support of computing services for both academic community and the various administrative units in the University;
- Provides leadership and support to the instructional and administrative programs providing direct services to the University personnel in the installation, use, upgrade, maintenance, assessment, troubleshooting, and repair of computer systems and working infrastructure;
- Coordinates the development and provision of the University data resource, both computerized and non-computerized;
- Develops computer programs in appropriate computer language for enhancement of University operations and processes, both academic and administrative;
- Develops and recommends appropriate ICT strategic plans, programs, policies, rules and regulations, and standards;
- Provides necessary ICT interventions to help increase office staff efficiency and effectiveness;
- Administer and maintains the University’s ICT facilities;
- Integrates related systems and databases.