Bachelor of Science in Cooperatives Management (BSCM)
A pillar in the promotion of Cooperativism and Entrepreneurship for regional and national development through relevant, quality and sustainable Cooperatives Management Education.
It is directed to continuously develop and produce trained and competent entrepreneurs and cooperatives manpower through relevant instruction, research and extension programs.
This four year degree course offers rigid exposures to, and training in Cooperativism to prepare students for management in cooperativism and for entrepreneurship.
- Continuously develop and produce trained and competent entrepreneurs and cooperatives manpower through relevant instruction, research, and extension programs;
- Enable students to acquire a broad and liberal education in order to educate them for life;
- Assists students in developing awareness of conditions prevalent in the community and in the country; and
- Foster community involvement and commitment through research and extension services.
Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM)
- Offer a comprehensive and competent hotel and restaurant management program with emphasis in instruction and hands-on application of knowledge and skills;
- Provide highly skilled faculty equipped with managerial and practical skills as well as appropriate/complete facilities to meet the changing demands of hotels, restaurants and its related industries;
- Establish domestic and international linkages and collaboration with other institutions and agencies in strengthening student’s practicum.
- Develop in students the appropriate hospitality management aptitude and facilitate innovative abilities in response to the current needs of hospitality-oriented business;
- Equip students with solid foundation of concepts, principles and fundamental skills and techniques in hotel and restaurant management;
- Produce competent graduates with sufficient exposure to real world environment;
- Inculcate scientific and ethical values and poses a thorough understanding and appreciation of hotel and restaurant management; and
- Prepare students for professional in response to occupational demands of time.
Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management (BSTM)
- Develop in the students appropriate tourism management aptitude, skills, and abilities in response to the current trends and demands of the industry in hospitality and tourism;
- Equip students with solid foundation of concepts, principles and skills and techniques required of a professional in hospitality and tourism;
- Produce highly competent graduates with relevant exposure to real-world environment;
- Inculcate scientific and ethical values and provide thorough understanding of hospitality and tourism; and
- Prepare students to become world-class professionals in response to the demand of time.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
We live in fast-paced world where management skills and solid understanding of business are valued and in demand! The ability to lead people and manage resources continues to be increasingly important in an efficiency-driven business environment. A degree in business is never obsolete or outdated. Business professionals are behind all types of businesses—employees, managers, supervisors, account executives, personnel managers, management trainees, entrepreneurs, and intrapreneurs.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor (2007), employment for business professionals with management skills is expected to grow faster than the average for all occupations through the year 2012. In the Philippines, however, a steady demand for business professionals is expected. In fact, the Commission on Higher Education placed business courses as one of the priority courses early in 2008.
The Bachelor in Business Management Program of the Institute of Management prepares students to assume a leadership role in managing organizations both in the private and public sectors.
Description of the Program
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Program is designed to prepare graduates with requisite knowledge, skills, and values to effectively apply various business principles and tools in an organizational setting. The Program exposes students to valuable theoretical knowledge and best practices in the areas of management, organizational behavior, accounting, business research and evaluation, and critical thinking and problem solving.
Aims and Objectives
The Bachelor Science in Business Administration Program aims to provide business professionals with foundation of how to manage people and resources needed in every phase of business operations. As future managers, the students are expected to gain knowledge and skills in dealing with staffing, marketing, budgeting, allocating resources, and motivating the workforce.
Master in Hospitality Management (MHM)
The phenomenal growth of the hospitality and tourism industry and the demand for hospitality professionals with strategic skills have resulted in tremendous opportunities for graduates with an advanced degree in hospitality and tourism management. Graduates from this program can integrate newly acquired skills and knowledge in the areas of hotel and restaurant and tourism management, hospitality education and instruction to enhance their profession/career.
Description of the Program
The Master in Hospitality Management Program gives students the opportunity to develop advanced management skills and knowledge required within the hospitality industry.
The course will assist students to develop a strategic approach to the ever changing business, economic, and social demands placed on the industry. The course will provide students with a wide range of attractive career opportunities in the hotel and leisure industries, such as entrepreneurs, restaurateurs, developers, analysts, consultants, corporate directors, and managers of hotels, resorts, and spas and in the academe offering hospitality and tourism education.
Aims and Objectives
The Master in Hospitality Management Program aims to provide academic experiences through appropriate research and coursework for hospitality and tourism graduate students focusing on one area of specialization.
- Provide students academic experiences through appropriate research and coursework for hospitality and tourism;
- Develop effective and ethical leaders in hotel and leisure industries and as educators in academe offering hospitality and tourism education; and
- Provide learning packages which will motivate students to excel in diverse, global business realities, more specifically in hotel and leisure industries and the academe offering hospitality and tourism education.