West Visayas State University, Janiuay is a university in Janiuay, Iloilo province, the Philippines. It is one of the four WVSU satellite campuses in the Third Congressional District of Iloilo.
The institution was founded as JANIUAY HIGH SCHOOL (JHS) on July 5, 1946, through the efforts of Hon. Tiburcio A. Lutero, then congressman of the Third Congressional District of Iloilo. Located on a land area of 7.9 hectares (70, 900 square meters), it was the first public high school in the municipality and strategically situated in the town center of Janiuay, Iloilo. The conversion of Janiuay High School into JANIUAY NATIONAL VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL (JNVHS) on June 21, 1959 under R.A. 2411 authored by then congressman Domitilo G. Abordo, ushered in the "Vocational Period" in the school's history.
On June 19, 1971, the school became JANIUAY NATIONAL COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL (JNCHS) by virtue of R.A. 6313 authored by a congresswoman from the Third District of Iloilo, Hon. Gloria M. Tabiana. A two-year technical college was opened to cater to the manpower needs of the community and the country as well.
Under R.A. 6667 dated June 22, 1988 authored by then congressman, Hon. Licurgo P. Tirador, renamed the school to DON TIBURCIO A. LUTERO NATIONAL COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL (DTALNCHS), in honor of its founder, congressman Tiburcio Alianza Lutero.
On March 30, 1995, the school was converted to JANIUAY POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE (JPC), by virtue of R.A. 7974, again authored by Hon. Licurgo P. Tirador. During the span of fifty years, several changes have taken place: the name of the school, the curricular offerings and the school heads. Despite these changes, one thing remained – its commitment to service and delivery of quality education.
After five years as a Polytechnic College, it was integrated to West Visayas State University on August 22, 2000 in consonance with CHED Memorandum Order No. 27, series of 2000 which contained the implementing guidelines on integration of CHED Supervised Institutions (CSIs) to State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), by virtue of R.A. 7722, otherwise known as the "Higher Education Act of 1994" and R.A. 8292, otherwise known as the "Higher Education Modernization Act of 1997"
From then and onwards, Janiuay Polytechnic College has become known as WEST VISAYAS STATE UNIVERSITY - JANIUAY CAMPUS (WVSU-JC). Dr. Raymund Banquillo Gemora, a full professor, serves as the current campus administrator.